Dental implant clinic San Jose – People who have lost teeth are generally embarrassed to smile or speak boldly. When it becomes difficult to chew, they may develop unhealthy eating habits, leading to secondary health issues. Dental implants are a full-mouth therapeutic option for those who have lost teeth.
These dental implants replace missing tooth roots, giving clients the strength and stability they need to consume all of their favorite meals without struggling to chew. These types also assist in stimulating and preserving jawbone, which helps avoid bone loss and support face characteristics.
Dental Implant Coatings, Connectors, And Sizes
More than 60 firms produce dental implants and the materials that make them. As a result, dental implant specialists have a wide range of alternatives for determining the best therapy for individual patients.
There are various coatings or surface treatments applied to your implants. While the implant will almost certainly be titanium, the outside surface may differ.
Why Do I Want Coating? The implant can heal more smoothly and grow more vital than ever by increasing the surface roughness. More bone contact is achieved with a porous surface than with a machined titanium surface.
2. Dental Implant Connectors:
All dental implants require the screw or implant to be inserted into the jaw and connected to the abutment (or false tooth connection) on top. There are three types of connectors:
- Internal Hex Connectors: An internal hex connection is a hexagon-shaped hole in the implant head into which the restoration or abutment is screwed.
- External Hex Connectors: These hexagonal connections are located on the implant head rather than within.
- Internal Octagon Connectors: An internal octagon connection is shaped like an octagon and features an aperture in the implant head into which the restoration or abutment is screwed.
3. Sizing Your Dental Implants:
The implant size is determined by where it will be put in the mouth. Unique spacing and bone availability considerations may mandate the adoption of various sized implants since every mouth is different.
- Standard Platform: To match the size of the front teeth, traditional dental implants are shorter and thinner. They have a diameter that ranges from 3.5 to 4.2 mm.
- Comprehensive Platform: Wide platform dental implants are put in the rear of the mouth and range in diameter from 4.5 mm to 6 mm. They are generally used at the back of the mouth.
- Mini Or Narrow Body: Your Prosthodontist may recommend a small or thin body implant if there isn’t enough room between your existing teeth. These can also be utilized as interim support while bigger dental implants heal if the patient has insufficient bone density.
Dental implant restorations are almost undetectable from natural teeth these days. It is partly due to the implant’s structural and functional relationship with the live bone and current technology that ensures the teeth are correctly aligned. All dental implants can last a lifetime if they are appropriately cared for. Depending on your specific circumstances, your dental implant specialist, our Prosthodontist, can assist you in determining which choice is ideal for you. Give us a call immediately if you wish to regain the full function of your mouth and smile with confidence in the future. We have dental implant specialists.