“Where can I find a dentist near me?” you might be wondering. This is the ideal opportunity to delve more into this topic. Gum Disease Awareness Month is observed in February in the United States. Knowing a bit of gum disease stages and the available treatment choices is an innovative approach to commemorate the occasion.
How Does Gum Disease Begin?
Your teeth and gums are natural miracles. They aid digestion, allow you to talk clearly, and even show off your smile to the rest of the world.
On the other hand, your oral health is threatened by microscopic germs that live in your mouth. These hidden invaders are at work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, trying to break through the protective enamel on the outside of your teeth. Once they’ve gotten through this stumbling block, they’ll go through the following steps:
- The bacteria infect the tooth and produce corrosive acids, which disintegrate the dental pulp. The patient will most likely notice tenderness, swelling, and possibly bleeding in the gums. Gingivitis is a stage of gum disease that occurs when the gums become inflamed.
- Gingivitis will progress to full-blown periodontitis if not treated. The gums will begin to recede from the teeth, loosening them and eventually falling out. This process continues throughout the patient’s mouth, resulting in widespread tooth loss. The process has been cure by the famous Dental Specialist in San Jose.
- The infection can migrate beyond the gums and into the cheek and jawbones, causing them to deteriorate. This can result in aesthetic severe issues for the sufferer.
- Many health professionals believe that the microorganisms that cause gum disease can travel via the bloodstream and spread throughout the body.
Treatments for Periodontitis
The severity of the ailment will determine the approach taken by your dental specialist near me. Among the possibilities are:
- You are cleaning your teeth and advising you on how to live a healthier lifestyle. If gum disease is detected early, these measures are typically sufficient. The plaque will be removed from the visible surfaces of your teeth, and a dentist in San Jose will advise you on how to prevent plaque and tartar in the future.
- Root scaling and planning This is a more complete version of the regular cleaning you’d get at your dentist’s office. The plaque will be removed both beneath and above the gum line by a dental specialist.
- Tooth reshaping. To replace any of the missing teeth, your dentist may recommend dentures, crowns, bridgework, or implants.
Gum disease is a significant ailment that affects millions of people in the United States. If you believe you have this problem, schedule an appointment with a knowledgeable dentist as soon as possible through a Dental specialist near me. Prompt treatment can help you save your smile and improve your quality of life.